The blind man
A blind man is competing in a corporate-sponsored 100-meter dash
to help raise funds for charity.
1. No matter how fast he runs during the race, he cannot overtake
the runner in last place who is very slow. Why?
2. Just before crossing the finish line, he overtakes the runner in
second place. Did he, or did he not, finish the race in first place?
3. Why is the blind man, with his physical disability, able to compete
in the race?
The answers are at the bottom of this page. (www.katig.com)
1. Someone cannot overtake a person who is behind him; he can only overtake
a person who is ahead of him.
2. When the blind man overtakes the runner in second place, that runner drops
into third place and the blind man takes over the second place; he does not
3. Spend more time to figure this out. When you finally give up, click here.