1. May lubid na 9 metro ang haba. Puputulin mo ang lubid ng
paisa-isang piraso, isang metro ang bawat haba. Ilang putol
ang gagawin mo upang makakuha ng 9 piraso?
2. May lubid na 9 na metro ang haba. Gusto mong putulin ang
lubid sa isa at kalahating metro (1-1/2 metro) ang bawat haba
pero wala kang anumang panukat. Paano mo puputulin ang
lubid upang matiyak na 1-1/2 metro ang haba ng bawat isa?
1. A rope is 9 meters long. You want to cut the rope into 9 pieces one
piece at a time - each piece being 1 meter long. How many times do you
have to cut the rope?
2. A rope is 9 meters long. You want to cut the rope into pieces one and a
half meters (1-1/2) long, each piece. But you do not have any measuring
tool. How do you cut the rope into pieces having 1-1/2 meters length?
The answers are at the bottom of this page. (www.katig.com)
1. You cut the rope 8 times only. You get 2 pieces on the 8th cut - the 8th
and the 9th pieces. (9 times is wrong.)
2. The 9-meter rope will produce 6 pieces having a length of 1-1/2 meters
each. Roll the rope into 6 loops. Hold the rope lightly and adjust the loops
slowly to make them the same size. (www.katig.com)